Sunday, November 14, 2010

Slacker Face

This is not the best picture, it a picture of my computer, done with my phone. But I love this picture, I ordered one, but I just wanted to share it cuz I love it. This girl came to the hospital and did a free photo shoot and then you can order pictures if you want to. It was nice.
So I know, I'm a slacker. I've been meaning to put pictures of Eliza up. The last three weeks have been pretty rough. I don't know if it's the fact that this was my fourth child, or if it's the fact that it is the fourth in five years, or a combination of both, but I am just not bouncing back as fast. My body still hurts. During the first week I had a fever and we thought I had a bladder, or uterine infection. So after a test we found out it was nothing. But I was still miserable. Eliza has thrush. If any of you know about that, it's not fun. For me. I don't think she even cares. But it kills me. It's a yeast infection that lives in their mouth. So when you breast feed you transfer it back and forth. I have open sores, lets just say it's painful. I've been so ready to just stop nursing, but I keep telling myself it will be better in the long run if I can just get through this. I've had thrush with all my kids except Caden. It hasn't been this bad with any of them. It's getting better though. I think I'll make it.



Last Sunday we went with Curtis down to St. George. He had a 4 day training so we decided to go have a vacation. Vacation-HA! Monday night he came home and told me they had given them Tuesday off to work on their presentations they had to do. I'm so glad he got that day off because just after 10 Monday night all 3 kids started throwing up. We were up all night with them throwing up. I'm so glad I didn't have to take care of it alone. So needless to say, we didn't do a whole lot on that "vacation". Then as soon as we get home it's run run run.



I feel like it's Spring because I'm trying to clean my house really good because it hasn't been cleaned good for months.



We celebrated our 5 year anniversary on November 2. We went to dinner at P.F. Changs. Then we did our Christmas shopping. I have a feeling that's what our anniversary date is going to be every year. Dinner and Christmas shopping. We got most of it done though.



I want to get some pictures from my mom of the birth. My husband doesn't take very many pictures. Here's a few that we have though.


Of course I don't want to put this one on, I didn't even want to take it, but Curtis wanted a picture of me because well, we really don't have any. It does look pretty funny. But you can see why I don't take pictures of me pregnant!


She was 7 lbs 14 oz 19 1/2 inches. I never thought I would have an almost 8 lb baby!



Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, while I was in labor Olivia broke her arm at my parents house. It's really not that big of a break, I couldn't even see it on the x-ray. But we weren't there, and we didn't take her so we didn't really get to talk about it or anything. Our doctor looked at the x-ray after we told him what happened, and he said it would have healed on it's on with maybe a splint. But maybe because she is little she wouldn't keep it on and to help with the pain they just put a cast on. We go in this week and she's supposed to get another one on, we'll see if she needs it.

3 comments:

Caitlin and Jason said...

She is such a beautiful baby! Sorry you're feeling so exhausted right now. Reading your post makes me want to hop on a plane to Utah and do some babysitting for you! Maybe whenever I get out there to visit my Dad ;) Sounds like you're a SuperMom!

Lisa said...

Eliza is a cutie. I can't believe you've had 4 kids in 5 years and only been married 5 years. You are AMAZING! I hope the thrush and all that improves asap and that things calm down!

Lindsay said...

Thanks for the post of your cute kiddo's!! The only one missing is Payton. Eliza is beautiful- I do love the first picture, it is SO sweet! (We had a photographer come to the hospital when Dallen was born, and they are just so much better than the regular hospital photos!!) I hope the thrush heals up soon- no fun at all! I am amazed at your persistance! And last of all- I can hardly believe that Olivia broke her arm while you were in labor!! Only your kids ;) I'm excited to visit you one of these days!!