Friday, April 16, 2010

Baby Birds?!

So, the other day was really nice outside. I've been feeling a little better so I decided to clean the house. Since it hasn't been cleaned in weeks. Over the last few weeks, occasionally when I go into our bath room I've been startled by what I thought was a bird in the window sill, but then I just brush it off as our house being so dirty that's it's just leaves caught in the window sill. Ya know how bathroom windows are like foggy so you can't see in or out. So I just saw this pile in corner that I thought was crap I guess. I only saw it at certain times of the day though. Probably mostly evening when the shadow was just right. Anyway, I was going through the house opening windows to air out the house and I got to my bathroom, didn't think anything of it, opened the window, and this bird flies away. Scared me to DEATH. So after I calm down, I looked out my window to see this-



A nest! I was so right! So I got up on my tippy toes to peak in and see this-

It's kinda hard to see, but there's eggs in there, little blue ones! I tries to leave the window open for a while, but the mom wouldn't come back until the window was shut. So now I don't want to open my window because I don't want to give her a heart attack every time I open it. But when those babies hatch it's going to be so annoying. I will hear them all the time, I hope they learn to fly soon. I'll try to get pictures of them when they hatch and show everyone.


That's just what it looks like from the outside. I'm really nervous that my kids are going to pull those branches that are hanging down and kill them. I hope they stay away.

That's the mom. She didn't go too far.

No comments: