Saturday, February 13, 2010

So Blessed

So Thursday, some one posted a link on facebook that I had to checkout-


If you haven't read it, seen it, or heard of it, I HIGHLY suggest that you read it. If you are a mother, READ IT! If you're anybody who has a heart read it. You will be bawling!! I was. Now I just can't get it out of my head.


There was a story about them on the news that night. They are from Provo. I won't tell you the whole story, because it's really long, and she tells it better then anybody could. But let me tell you, after reading that I was speechless. I have so many mixed emotions, thankfulness, sadness, compassion, heartache, fear, faith.........He is amazing! He is such a miracle! I am so thankful that she shared her families story with the world so we could all learn so many things from them and realize all the blessings we have.


I had no idea what it was about before I started reading it. So when I started I was going backwards, (Ya know how blogging is), so I wanted to read the whole thing. It's kind of long. As I was reading I so wanted to know what happened to this tiny 12 month old boy. I had to just skip to the beginning and start there so that I was going in order. I had the chills the whole time I was reading, I was crying so much that after I was done reading it I felt like I had been crying for weeks!


There was one specific part that got me(Well, there were a lot, but I'll tell ya about one.)Here is the part straight from her words that I read as I'm holding my baby that is just a couple months younger then hers-


Our Angel Nurse, Sally, helped us to hold him tonight.
To cradle our arms around him, stroke his tender cheeks and watch him sleep.
We sang to him that he is a Child of God.
A bit of Heaven was in our little room
as I felt his warm, limp body pressed against my own.
Count your blessings if you can do that without tubes and wires and machines between you.


The whole story touches me. That's why I say just read the blog. Make sure you have plenty of time to do it though. I think it means so much to me because it hits so close to home. As I was reading the entry about what happened-I totally saw me. And I know a lot of you would say the same about your selves. Just read it and you will understand what I mean.


I just want everyone to know that I'm thankful for all the blessings I have especially my husband and children. I love them with all my heart!!

No comments: