Friday, October 17, 2008

We Love you, Grandma


So the day that we got home from Hawaii, my grandma passed away. She has been sick for a while, but is was all kind of sudden. She was doing pretty well, and then all of the sudden she just went downhill. But I'm glad that she waited for us to get home. I feel really bad that we were gone when she needed the most help. I also feel bad that I asked my parents to watch my kids while we were gone, because a couple of days after we left, my grandma moved in with them. But they said it was ok because a lot of people came to help with things. My mom told me that every morning when my kids would wake up they would go in grandma's room and Caden would say, "Hi Grandma Alpine." If she was awake she would talk to them. I'm glad they got to have that time with her. I am sad I wasn't there to see it. The funeral was just this week. It was really good. Very touching. I feel bad that we don't learn things about our relatives until we go to their funerals and hear stories about them. Then you wish they were here so you could ask them questions. But anyway, it was beautiful, and we love her very much and will miss her.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Kate - Sorry to hear about your grandma but we know she's in a better place and at least she's not suffering anymore. Send your parents my love!
And congrats on the new baby! whoa! Baby number 3. Crap, I am so far behind.

Ceci and Steven said...

Kate, when I read this post I thought of when we were all roomates and we'd go see Grandma Shepperd. or was it just once? either way, we used to talk about her and how awesome she was. I'm glad she lived a wonderful life and has now gradutated to a way better place. As I'm sure you're all doing great since you know the plan and also know she was ready to go and really rest, hang in there and remember this during the days you really miss her. And yeah, I second Becky's notion, baby number 3...I better get started!!! ;)

TD Quong said...

I'm sorry Kate. That's hard, but good at the same time knowing she's going to a better place. I hope your family is doing well and hanging in there. Do you need anything or is there something I can do for you?

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/merk-sepatu-futsal-terbaik-beserta-tips-memilih-yang-tepat