Thursday, July 17, 2008

Since we're new to this whole blogging thing, I hope we can figure it out. I just thought I would give a little update since this is new. Curtis and I got married in November 2005. Had a honeymoon baby in July. That's Caden. If you're adding up the months, you're right, it's only 8 months, he was 4 weeks early. But everything was good, he's been healthy since day 1. He is on the smaller side of the scale, but hey, look at his parents. When he was 5 months old we felt very strongly that it was time to have another one. Well, I felt it earlier, but I had to convince Curtis. Nine months later, Olivia was born. She was only 2 weeks early. That seems like it was just yesterday, but we're going to have a 2 year old here in a minute.
Curtis has been working at Pleasant Grove Police Department for the last 4 years. I've also talked him into going back to school. So he's been working on getting his criminal justice degree when his schedule will allow. He recently had the opportunity to change departments. He now works for Lindon city. They just opened up their own police department. It is a much better place for him to be and it's just better for our family.
We bought a house in Lehi just before we got married. It was a little starter home that we have obviously grown out of. Thankfully my parents were remodeling a second home that they had and after they moved into it, we were able to buy their house from them. Thank goodness for parents.
My biggest accomplishment lately, and something I am very proud of is, I was able to loose about 35 lbs in 13 weeks!! After those 2 kids so close together, it just seemed like it was so hard to get it off, I didn't know how to do it. So, with the help of LA Weight Loss I was able to just drop it right off. I am thinner now then I can ever remember myself being.

3 comments:

Brock and Stef said...

You will love blogging. I think it is so easy!!! Love your blog!

Caitlin Dawn said...

Hey Kate, your cousin Caitlin here. Congrats on the weight loss plan! That's awesome that you feel so great!! I love the pictures of the kids, they're adorable. I'm excited you decided to start a blog!!!

Lisa said...

Dang Girl! 35 pounds! Good for you. It looks like you are getting the hang of the whole blogging thing. Yay!